Lazada Epic

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Stir Fry French Beans Carrot

My replacement of the pre-packed mix vegetable


Colorful dishes always make a meal look better, not just for kids but ourselves as well. It will make us feel more appetizing, don’t you think so? Well, I love to make mix vegetable dishes. Please note that when I mean mix vegetables here, I don’t mean those frozen ingredients like those pre-pack green peas, corns and carrots from the supermarket.  I get the fresh ones myself. Somehow I felt it taste different. But it always depends on your own taste buds.

Mix vegetables dish can come in various vegetables. Here I will maintain the color of mix vegetable. I have added on some squids for additional sweet flavoring.

My replacement for the mix vegetable.
Green Peas  -> French beans
Yellow Corn -> Baby corn
Orange carrot cubes -> Baby carrots
  
Ingredient
1 pack French beans, ½ carrot
4-5 baby corn, 1 squid
2 clove garlic, 1 tablespoon soy sauce,
1 teaspoon sugar and 1 dash pepper
Prepare and cook
Cut baby corns, carrots, french beans to about 1/2 finger long (4cm)
Fry garlic and squid for 2 minutes
Add carrots and baby corn first for 2 minutes
Add French beans for 5 minutes
Add soy sauce, sugar and pepper

Why do I separate cook the vegetables. This is because each type of vegetable has a different time of being cooked. This is to avoid vegetable to be over cooked or too soft. For me, I like carrots to be more cooked and soft, that is why I put carrots in first. If you like your carrots crunchy, you can add in later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment