Lazada Epic

Thursday 26 July 2012

Pandan Chicken


Pandan leaves are called Pandanus amaryllifolius. It's a plant with sweet fragrance. I bought one plant from the nursery, so I have ample pandan leaves as and when I need them. Its easy to take care, they just need lots of water. You will need to water them twice daily to keep them looking fresh and green.
We will need to use some toothpicks here. Toothpicks? To pick your teeth? Nop. Its to pin up the leaves to wrap the chicken. We use toothpicks as I feel its safer then staples. I don’t use staples because I might forget to remove it and drop it into my chicken while I eat. Don’t want to have x-ray to see staples in my stomach. I am just paranoid. While frying the pandan chicken, you would be able to smell the aromatic pandan all over the house. Lovely.
 Ingredient
15 pieces pandan leaves
1 chicken breast
1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 dash pepper
7 toothpicks cut to half (total 14)
Prepare & cook
Clean pandan leaves thoroughly
Cut chicken to cube sizes
Marinate with 1 teaspoon sesame oil,
1 dash pepper, 1 teaspoon sugar,
1 tablespoon soy sauce (1hour)
Wrap up chicken with the pandan leaves
Use toothpick as a tool to pin the leaves together
Heat oil, start frying until meat looks cooked (about 10 mins)
Drip off the oil, ready to serve



No comments:

Post a Comment